DIPLOMA SPECIAL COMBAT CAPABILITIES
Exclusively for active police and military members
Content specifically designed for the toughest of the toughest.The purpose of this qualification is to prepare the learner to participate as a team member in special operations as conducted by Special Forces. The nature of these special operations requires a member to possess a broad range of specialised skills that allow for flexibility and individual independence during the execution of operations.
Recognition of Prior Learning:
This Qualification and the entire Fundamental, Core and Elective Unit Standards associated with it can be achieved by any learner through the Recognition of Prior Learning, which includes learning outcomes achieved through formal, informal and non-formal learning and work experience.Learner and assessor will jointly decide on methods to determine prior learning and competence in the knowledge, skills, values and attitudes implicit in the qualification and the associated unit standards.
Recognition Prior Learning
This Recognition of Prior Learning may allow for:
- Gaining credits for unit standards in this qualification.
- Obtaining this qualification in whole.
All Recognition of Prior Learning is subject to quality assurance by the relevant ETQA or an ETQA that has a Memorandum of Understanding with the relevant ETQA.
- General Fitness and Perseverance.
- Self Defence Techniques.
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC).
- Navigation (conventional/electronic).
- Combat Sniper.
- Specialist handgun and assault rifle tactics.
- Survival techniques.
- Obstacle crossing and target penetration.
- Night operation capability.
- Explosives Method of Entry (EMOE).
- Mine awareness.
- Improvisation techniques.
- Establish/maintain communications.
- Still and video photography.
- Apply surveillance equipment.
- Camouflage, conceal and deception.
- Reconnaissance and surveillance.
- Small boat handling in closed & open waters.
- Foot movement rural and urban.
- Vehicle movement rural and urban.
- Combat drills rural and urban.
- Escape and evasion.
- Operational Planning.
- Aircraft Hijacking.
- Metro Train & Tram Hijacking.
- Boats, Ships, Gas & Oil Platform Hijacking.
- Tactical K-9.
- Anti-Terrorism Tactics.
- Chopper Operations.
- Attack Diving.
- Specialist equipment for special operations.
- Hijacked vehicles.
- Snatch & Grab missions.
- Black Ops.
- Hand to hand combat.
- Interrogation techniques.
- Cross border missions.
- Hostage rescue tactics and principles.
- Improvised explosives devices (IED’s).
- Explosives ordinance disposal (EOD).
- Command & Control.